Well, this past Tuesday evening (26 wks 4 days along in the pregnancy), I started having some consistent and sometimes intense contractions. They started about 7pm and went on for hours. I finally fell asleep around 11pm and slept about an hour and a half. I woke up around 12:30am, and they started again. I couldn't go back to sleep and they were getting more consistent. So, at 2am early Wed. morning, I decided to call my OBGYN. Luckily, she was the one on-call. She said that since they were consistent and had been going on for that long, I should go to the Labor & Delivery Triage (ER for preggos) and get checked out.
So, I woke up Sam and we headed there. We got there about 3am and they got a baby heart monitor and a contraction monitor on me right away. Turns out that they were, for sure, contractions very close together, so they gave me some meds to slow them down, had me rest for a few hours, and then, sent me to see the high-risk doctor for a sono. He said that I was not dilated at all, so that was great news!
My OBGYN decided to admit me for observation for that day and night. The next morning (Thurs), they did what is called an FFN test that tells us whether or not I am at risk for preterm labor within the next two weeks. Of course, this isn't fool-proof, but very high rate of accuracy. Anyway, the doc said that if it was negative, she would send me home.
And, it was NEGATIVE!! YEA!! So, she sent me home on a new medication and bedrest for the next several days, until I have my follow-up appointment with the high-risk doctor next Tuesday afternoon. After that check, we will know more about the extent of my restrictions for the rest of the pregnancy. I am pretty sure that there will be some restrictions, so I am hoping for "modified bedrest", at the most! We will know more on Tuesday, I hope.
I have to take a moment to say THANK YOU to my wonderful mom! While Sammy has been working hard everyday, including today (Saturday), my mom has been taking care of me: staying with me in the hospital, making my meals, feeding Sam and me in the evenings, and getting me whatever I need. I am so lucky. She is the best mom EVER! THANK YOU, MOM!!! Sam, Sweetpea, and I greatly appreciate everything you do for us! We love you!
Since I didn't get a chance to post last week, I will include my 26-week belly picture from last Friday. I know I say this all of the time, but it just keeps getting bigger and I can't believe it! Awesome!
26-week Belly
Laurie you and baby are in my prayers! Its Tuesday evening and I'm anxious to hear what happened with your appointment?? Bed rest does stink! wish I could come help out...prayers are up!!
ReplyDelete